1. To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep ourmind strong and clear.
2. Life is not merely being alive, but being well.
3. Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
4. A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adultthan all the medicine and psychology in the world.
5. The body is like a piano, and happiness is like music. It is needful to have the instrumentin good order.
6. The groundwork of all happiness is health.
7. Without health, life is not life; it is only a state of languor and suffering.
8. A healthy body is a guest-chamber for the soul; a sick body is a prison.
9. You pray for good health and a body that will be strong in old age. Good — but your richfoods block the gods’ answer and tie Jupiter’s hands.
10. Health and intellect are the two blessings of life.